Silica Fume, Semi-Compacted (9994045) – TARGET? Densified Silica Fume (DSF) is a ready-to-use dry densified silica fume used to produce very durable, high strength concrete with very low permeability and low rebound shotcrete.
- 10 kg (22 lb ) 40 bags per pallet
- 500 kg (1,100 lb) Bulk Bag
- TARGET DSF is recommended for use whenever high performance concrete or shotcrete is required. Higher strengths make new structural designs possible by reducing column sizes, production, transportation, and erection costs. The lower chloride permeability makes microsilica concrete produced with TARGET DSF highly suitable for parking structures, bridge decks, marine structures, or wherever distress due to corrosion of embedded steel can result. Higher durability by producing a dense, less permeable concrete makes TARGET DSF an excellent solution to the problem of deterioration of industrial floors in aggressive environments. In shotcrete TARGET DSF reduces rebound and increases overhead buildup.
- The addition of TARGET DSF microsilica demonstrates the ability to achieve:
- INCREASED STRENGTH – high early and later age compressive flexural strength
- EASIER HANDLING – densification allows for easier augering and silostorage
- VERY LOW PERMEABILITY – very low chloride permeability – 5 to 20 times increased electrical resistivity – greatly reduced water permeability ? HIGHER DURABILITY – increased chemical resistance – improved freeze-thaw resistance – increased abrasion resistance – increased resistance to alkali aggregate reaction
- SHOTCRETE – lower rebound – higher buildup
- TARGET DSF is a classified densified silica fume ? Appearance: dark grey powder ? Specific gravity: 2.2 ? Densified bulk density: approximately 620 kg/m_ (39 lb/ft_) ? Amorphous SiO2: 88-90